Prince2 Foundation and Practitioner Training
PRINCE2 means Projects IN Controlled Environment. PRINCE2® is a process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects. The method is the de-facto standard for project management in the UK and is practiced worldwide. The Foundation Certification course is the entry level course to Project Management. This course prepares the delegates to appear for the APMG PRINCE2® Foundation Level Project Management Certification and pass it successfully.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the need for project management and how PRINCE2® meets that requirement
- Understand the PRINCE2® process model and apply the PRINCE2® processes
- Prepare project plans using product based planning techniques and undertake risk analysis and risk management for the project
- Prepare information for inclusion in the Project Initiation Documentation
- Understand and apply techniques for the management of product development, quality control and change control
The benefits of a PRINCE2 Practitioner qualification are:
- PRINCE2 provides a structured approach to the management of projects. As a PRINCE2® Practitioner you will have a good understanding of how to apply this approach to projects resulting in improved chances of project success.
- Improved job prospects. As a recognized PRINCE2® Practitioner your chances of being short listed will be improved for the many organizations that require project managers to have a PRINCE2 Practitioner qualification.
The target audience for the program are professionals interested in pursuing the APMG PRINCE2® Foundation Project Management Certification Examination including anyone, who wants to take up project management including Project Managers, Team Managers, Executives, Project Leaders, Project Co-coordinator’s, Program and Delivery Managers, Quality Staff (Testing and Quality Assurance), PMP, Testers and Project Controller (PMO Office).
Candidates who have attended the PRINCE2 Foundation course can do Prince2 practitioner course. If you are interested in this course, but do not recognize yourself in the target audience or have not attended the Foundation course yet; please contact us to learn how we can attend to your specific needs.
- Structured Approach to Managing Projects
- Setting the scene for a structured approach to managing all projects, project success criteria, the model of the PRINCE2® method including the integrated elements of principles, processes, themes and tailoring.
- The Process-based Approach
- PRINCE2® focuses on key processes needed for successful project management which must be present, but may be ‘tailored’ to reflect the complexity, scope and risks faced by the project. PRINCE2® Process Model will be used to help delegates understand and appreciate what should be done to manage each project, why it should be done and when in the project lifecycle.
- Business Case
- What is a Business Case, Outcomes, Outputs, Benefits and Dis-benefits, Developing, Verifying and Maintaining the Business Case; confirming the benefits and the Benefits Review Plan
- Project Management Team Structure and the Project Board, Project Assurance, Project Manager, Team Manager, Change Authority and Project Support roles & responsibilities. Stakeholder management, Communication Management Strategy.
- Levels and content of Plans, Exception Plans, Product-based approach to planning – Project Product Description, Product Breakdown Structure, Product Description, Product Flow Diagram; the PRINCE2® planning steps.
- Management and Technical Stages, Tolerance and Raising Exceptions, Project Board and Project Manager Controls for Reviewing and Reporting Progress, Baselines for Control, Capturing and Reporting Lessons, Event-driven and time-driven controls.
- Issue and Change Control procedure, Configuration Management procedure, Configuration Management Strategy, Baseline, Handling changes, Tracking and protecting products, Change Authority and Change Budget.
- Quality Defined, The Quality Audit Trial, Acceptance Criteria, Quality Criteria, Quality Management Strategy, Quality Assurance, Quality Controls and Quality Review technique.
- Risk and Risk Management, Risk Management in Projects, Risk Management Strategy, Risk Management Procedure and Risk Budget.
- A project scenario runs throughout the course from start to finish. A comprehensive set of tasks help provide a practical application of the method. Many tasks are designed to help delegates link the four integrated elements of PRINCE2® - Principles, Processes, Themes and Tailoring. There are also sample exam questions for delegates to practice on before sitting the Foundation exam
By completing the Practitioner Workshop (2 days), the participant will have sufficient knowledge to sit the Exols Group PRINCE2® Practitioner Examination. Please note a Foundation pass is a prerequisite to sitting the Practitioner examination.