Tableau Desktop Fundamentals
This course includes a workbook containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained. It also includes a flash drive containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities.
- Connect to your data.
- Edit and save a data source.
- Understand Tableau terminology.
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
- Create basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, logic statements and quick table calculations.
- Represent your data using the following visualization types:
- Cross Tabs
- Pie Charts and Bar Charts
- Geographic Maps
- Dual Axis and Combo Charts with different mark types
- Heat Maps,Box Plots,Distribution Charts
- Highlight Tables,Tree Maps,Scatter Plots
- Use Reference Lines to highlight elements of your data.
- Use groups, bins, hierarchies, sorts, sets, and filters to create focused and effective visualizations.
- Use Measure Name and Measure Value fields to create visualizations with multiple measures and dimensions.
- Handle changes in your data source such as field addition, deletion or name changes.
- Share your visualizations with others.
- Combine your visualizations into Interactive Dashboards and publish them to the web.
This course is designed for the beginner to intermediate-level Tableau user. It is for anyone who works with data, regardless of technical or analytical background. You'll learn about and how to use the important concepts and techniques in Tableau to move from simple to complex visualizations and learn how to combine them in interactive dashboards. This course will be taught on Tableau Desktop version 9.2.
- Connecting to data
- Simplifying and sorting your data
- Organizing your data
- Slicing your data by date
- Using multiple measures in a view
- Showing the relationship between numerical values
- Mapping data geographically
- Viewing specific values
- Customizing your data
- Analyzing data with quick table calculations
- Showing breakdowns of the whole
- Viewing distributions
- Highlighting data with reference lines
- Making your views available
For more info contact us.