Windows Server Infrastructure 2012 R2
This five day course provides the networking, security, and system administration information that you need to implement a Windows Server infrastructure. It covers the basics of installation and configuration, storage, network infrastructure, network components, network protocols, server roles, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, IT security, server security, network security, security software, monitoring server performance, and maintaining a Windows Server. This course includes the foundational level knowledge to prepare students to start a career or cross train in Microsoft Windows Server technologies.
- Perform a local media-based installation of Windows Server 2012.
- Select appropriate storage technologies and configure storage on a Windows Server.
- Describe fundamental network components and terminology so you can select an appropriate network component.
- Implement a network by selecting network hardware components and technologies and determine the appropriate network hardware and wiring components for a given situation.
- Describe the protocols and services within the TCP/IP suite of protocols and implement IPv4 within a Windows Server environment.
- Describe and implement server roles.
- Implement and configure an Active Directory Domain Service (AD DS) forest.
- Describe the concept of defense-in-depth and determine how to implement this approach with Windows Server.
- Identify the security features in Windows Server that help to provide defense-in-depth.
- Identify the network-related security features in Windows Server to mitigate security threats to your network.
- Identify and implement additional software components to enhance your organization's security.
- Monitor a server to determine the performance level.
- Identify the Windows Server tools available to maintain and troubleshoot Windows Server.
Innovative Technology Solutions offers Windows Server Infrastructure 2012 R2 Training in 9 different locations in India – Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Noida & Pune
Students for this course are just starting their Information Technology (IT) careers or want to change careers into Windows Server technologies. This fundamental knowledge and skills can be used by home computer users, small business owners, academic students, information workers, technical managers, help desk technicians, or students who want to cross train from another technology.
- A basic knowledge of general computing concepts.
- Some experience working with Windows Client operating systems such as Windows 7 or Windows 8
This course equips participants with essential skills to implement a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure including basic knowledge of networking, storage, system administration and security. Other skills covered in this course include installation, configuration, network components, network security, server security, server performance management, AD DS (Active Directory Domain Services) etc.
Module 1: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server Architecture.
- Installing Windows Server.
- Configuring Services.
- Configuring Devices and Device Drivers.
- Lab : Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
Module 2: Implementing Storage in Windows Server
- Identifying Storage Technologies.
- Managing Disks and Volumes.
- Fault Tolerance.
- Lab : Implementing Storage in Windows Server
Module 3: Understanding Network Infrastructure
- Network Architecture Standards.
- Local Area Networking.
- Wide Area Networking.
- Wireless Networking.
- Connecting to the Internet.
- Remote Access.
- Lab : Selecting Network Infrastructure Components
Module 4: Connecting Network Components
- Understanding the OSI Model.
- Understanding Media Types.
- Understanding Adapters, Hubs, and Switches.
- Understanding Routing.
- Lab : Connecting Network Components
Module 5: Implementing TCP/IP
- Overview of TCP/IP.
- IPv4 Addressing.
- IPv6 Addressing.
- Name Resolution.
- Lab : Implementing TCP/IP
Module 6: Implementing Windows Server Roles
- Role-Based Deployment.
- Deploying Role-Specific Services.
- Considerations for Provisioning Roles.
- Lab : Implementing Server Roles
- Lab : Implementing Server Roles
Module 7: Implementing Active Directory
- Introducing Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Implementing AD DS.
- Managing Users, Groups, and Computers.
- Implementing Group Policy
- Lab : Implementing AD DS
Module 8: Implementing IT Security Layers
- Overview of Defense-in-Depth.
- Physical Security.
- Internet Security.
- Lab : Implementing IT Security Layers
Module 9: Implementing Security in Windows Server
- Overview of Windows Security.
- Securing Files and Folders.
- Implementing Encryption.
- Lab : Implementing Windows Security
Module 10: Implementing Network Security
- Overview of Network Security.
- Implementing Firewalls.
- Internet Protocol Security (IPsec)
- Lab : Implementing Network Security
Module 11: Implementing Security Software
- Client Software Protection Features.
- E-Mail Protection.
- Server Protection.
- Lab : Implementing Security Software
Module 12: Monitoring Server Performance
- Event Logging.
- Performance Monitoring.
- Lab : Monitoring Server Performance
Module 13: Maintaining Windows Server
- Troubleshooting Windows Server Startup.
- Server Availability and Data Recovery.
- Applying Updates to Windows Server.
- Troubleshooting Windows Server.
- Lab : Maintaining Windows Server