The JNCIS-SEC or Juniper Networks Certified Specialist - Security course aims to provide practical skills on security mechanisms, their configuration and troubleshooting in enterprise environments. This course is intended for networking professionals with experience and intermediate knowledge of the Junos software for SRX Series devices.
- Describe traditional routing and security and the current trends in internetworking.
- Provide an overview of SRX Series devices and software architecture.
- Describe the logical packet flow and session creation performed by SRX Series devices.
- Describe, configure, and monitor zones.
- Describe, configure, and monitor security policies.
- Describe, configure, and monitor firewall user authentication.
- Describe various types of network attacks.
- Configure and monitor Screen options to prevent network attacks.
- Explain, implement, and monitor NAT, as implemented on Junos security platforms.
- Explain the purpose and mechanics of IP Security (IPsec) virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Implement and monitor policy-based and route-based IPsec VPNs.
- Utilize and update the IDP signature database.
- Configure and monitor IDP policy with policy templates.
- Describe, configure, and monitor high availability chassis clusters.
Innovative Technology Solutions offersJNCIS Training in 9 different locations in India – Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Noida & Pune.
This course benefits operators of SRX Series devices. These operators include network engineers, administrators, support personnel, and reseller support personnel.
Students should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course and the Junos Routing Essentials (JRE) course, or have equivalent experience prior to attending this class.
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to Junos Security
- Traditional Routing
- Traditional Security
- The Junos OS Architecture
- ZonesLab 1: Configuring and Monitoring Zones
- The Definition of Zones
- Zone Configuration
- Monitoring Security Zones
- Security PoliciesLab 2: Security Policies
- Security Policy Overview
- Junos ALGs
- Policy Components
- Verifying Policy Operation
- Policy Scheduling and Rematching
- Policy Case Study
- Firewall User AuthenticationLab 3: Configuring Firewall Authentication
- Firewall User Authentication Overview
- Pass-Through Authentication
- Web Authentication
- Client Groups
- Using External Authentication Servers
- Verifying Firewall User Authentication
- Screen OptionsLab 4: Implementing Screen Options
- Multilayer Network Protection
- Stages and Types of Attacks
- Using Junos Screen Options—Reconnaissance Attack Handling
- Using Junos Screen Options—Denial of Service Attack Handling
- Using Junos Screen Options—Suspicious Packets Attack Handling
- Applying and Monitoring Screen Options
- Network Address TranslationLab 5: Network Address Translation
- NAT Overview
- Source NAT Operation and Configuration
- Destination NAT Operation and Configuration
- Static NAT Operation and Configuration
- Proxy ARP
- Monitoring and Verifying NAT Operation
- IPsec VPNsLab 6: Implementing IPsec VPNs
- VPN Types
- Secure VPN Requirements
- IPsec Details
- Configuration of IPsec VPNs
- IPsec VPN Monitoring
- Introduction to Intrusion Detection and PreventionLab 7: Implementing IDP
- Introduction to Junos IDP
- IDP Policy Components and Configuration
- Signature Database
- Case Study: Applying the Recommended IDP Policy
- Monitoring IDP Operation
- High Availability Clustering Theory
- High Availability Overview
- Chassis Cluster Components
- Advanced Chassis Cluster Topics
- High Availability Clustering ImplementationLab 8: Implementing High Availability Techniques
- Chassis Cluster Operation
- Chassis Cluster Configuration
- Chassis Cluster Monitoring
After completing course candidates have to give exam “Juniper Networks Certified Associate Junos (JNCIA-Junos)
- Exam length: 90 minutes
- Exam type: 70 multiple-choice questions
- Scoring and pass/fail status is available immediately